Pinterest

background

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Slow roasted ribs, latkes, and brocolli for the little man





So, today I placed ribs on to cook all day in order to appease my little man's request for latkes. I know, not very kosher to have pork ribs, but they went well with the potato pancakes.

I used Elway's steak seasoning to season both sides of the ribs, placed them in a foil lined pan, covered with foil and backed all day at 250 degrees.


Once they looked like this (after about 8 hours of cooking), I moved the pan up to underneath the broiler and broiled them for about 5 minutes to get a nice crust.



Meanwhile, I steamed my broccoli with diced onion in the microwave and made my barbeque sauce.

For the sauce, I brought 2 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire,  2 Tbsp. of garlic, 1 cup of ketchup, and about half a cup of brown sugar to a boil. I dropped it to low to simmer and added in about 1/4 cup of honey.

After the ribs were crispy, I covered them with the sauce, replaced the foil, and left them in the oven to rest (it was now off.)


I made my latkes (left over mash potatoes, shredded potatoes, shredded onions, 1/4 cup of flour, dash of baking soda,  two beaten eggs, and pepper. I then fried them up and added kosher salt to season.) Thumbs up from the little man!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet this!